Monday, July 9, 2012

Eric Jensen

I will be attending "Teaching with the brain in mind"  with Eric Jensen all week long.  Today was Day 1 and it was amazing.  Last year I attended "Teaching with Poverty in Mind" and I used a lot of the strategies that were given to me and I had such a successful year with all the brain breaks, changing mind sets, calling attention to students, rewards, etc.  I can honestly say that this has changed my whole way of teaching and I am excited to see what this week holds for me.   Today was pretty much all about the brain and how it works.  We were able to "magically" learn/memorize all 14 of the key principles for learning just by having some simple triggers.  The 14 principles are uniqueness, labels & properties, emotions, attentional & input limitations, adaptive & flexible, rough drafts, prediction, environments, body-mind integration, malleable memories, perception/not reality, social conditions, developmental stages and meaning making.  It is so interesting to see how the brain functions and I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us.  Here are a few of the posters that were posted.





 This is so true!  Repetition is important and students should be the ones being active in their learning.


Great Posters for the classroom and especially to put up while doing staff development.


Emotional States can change and I will post more about that later.



I'm making one of these for the classroom!




I'm putting this up as well


1 comment:

  1. Hi! We are giving you the Lovely Blog award. Stop by our blog to receive it and see the details. :)
    http://4321teach.blogspot.com/
    Antoinette and Emily

    ReplyDelete